________________________

Friday, December 24, 2010

ULB and Erasmus

My idea about ULB is connected to my idea of what is an University like.

As I've studied and visited some universities in Brasil, I'm used to the kind of buildings that ULB has. Simple, squared, big, full of rooms, without color. Most of the buildings of ULB seems without life for me. All the rooms are very similar, very big, and I often feel stucked on this awful chairs attached to each other.



But there are two special spots that I think are really really beautiful and pleasant to be in ULB: the main library and the new building.

I think the main library is beautiful because it has space. Maybe not enough for the huge number of users it receives everyday, but enough to make them keep coming everyday. There you have access to many different kinds of publications, general and specialized, really new or sometimes really really old. But the way everything is displayed for you to have access, with tables that you can use all the material everywhere, without having to leave the library or necessarily registering all the things you just want to take a look. I like it so much!





And the new building is on my top list because of it is colorful. Like all the rest of Belgium, most of ULB lacks colors, specially during winter. So, this building comes to solve the problem I've mentioned before. Still a place that you dont feel free to stay, to feel welcome to hang out or so, but it is at least a little more cheerful.



No comments:

Post a Comment