________________________

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Place Flagey

Place Flagey gives me the great sensation of "coming home". It is really close to my house, and I pass by this square everyday at least twice. I don't think it is a beautiful place, although I like the place itself.



I think it is a hostile place. Not a lot of trees, a huge open space where if rains you are under the rain, if it snows it is really hard to cross it, when is windy there is nothing to stop the wind. Because for me it is a big empty space.



In one side of the square you can find "Frit Flagey", that recently changed place from besides the lake to Place Flagey itself, making the square a little more cozy, because is something familiar that brings me the good feeling of typical Bruxelloise Food.



I don't like all the stores around the square either. As Flagey is a really open place, the stores have a big impact on what you see, and for worse I would say, as during winter the square is mostly empty, not a lot of people, so all you see is impregnated with that. Except for the Belgian Coffee (that is a little, just a little better) I don't like the way the set looks.



But just for the record: Flagey on sunny days seems really really different. Even beautiful I would say, full of kids playing, people chatting and drinking on the benchs to enjoy the sun. But that is another version of Flagey, where I see more people and less emptiness and stores.

(Credits to this picture to the group "La Bande d'Artistes")

No comments:

Post a Comment