________________________

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Grand Place

Talk about Grand Place and its beauty for me is pretty simple. It is definitely my favorite spot in Brussels, even being always crowded with tourists.

The first time I saw Gran Place was in autumn and it was still sunny and full of flowers. And that is the idea that I will always keep on my mind, not because it was the first impression, but because it was exactly the "dream" I had about Europe. The beautiful buildings were just like the castles from a fairytale of my childhood.





There is always something going on there, and that is usually a motivation to keep coming back. Even though, I keep coming back because it is a way I know I will be happy to see whenever I arrive there. The gray buildings always have something colorfull to cheer them up (sometimes flowers, flags or pink lights like this Christmas)

It is a really good place to be a part of something, as things are always happening here and, even when you were not planning to, you end up in the middle of some presentation, artists painting, government events or just a beer festival. But the understanding of this place definitely passes through what I have as understanding of this place: sweet childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment