________________________

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Place Flagey

Place Flagey

Whenever I need to go somewhere, being it to downtown or to friend’s house, I usually have to go through Place Flagey. I have heard that it is an important area, however, living not far from it I still yet to understand why. My first impression of the place was that it looks important. The Flagey (Radio Building) is built in a way that reminds me of the Canadian Public Buildings (government owned buildings), in particular the York Region’s Main Administrative Centre

I remember my second day in Belgium, I was passing Place Flagey, and there some people that were coming out of Le Flagey and a few were giving interview to a news network. Next, I saw the beautiful bus stop with the different glass panels, and the huge video screen. Just near the Place, there is amazing open area with the lakes and the fountains that shoot out of the ground. So with those things in mind I thought that there must be a lot (or at least a few) important stores. It reminded me of the Dundas Square in Toronto, an important square which hosts many important events, as well is in the heart of the entertainment and shopping district, one of the biggest and chicest shopping mall in Toronto is just next to it.

However, after coming to the plaza and nothing special, just few small stores Delhaize and Frites Flagey, I just concluded that it is just an urban park, which does not contain anything. It just an open space, that does not offer much. Right now, for me, it is just a transit cross point.

No comments:

Post a Comment