________________________

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rue de la Fourche

For this location I think it’s important to judge its aesthetic appeal taking into account the senses. Visually it’s very appealing as there is bright colours and candlelight. With the awnings coverings the eating areas As it has a plethora of restaurants, all of them have their seafood on display in order to entice you to eat there.
For some the look of seafood may be off-putting but as for me I love seafood so seeing it does in fact tempt me to eat it. From an olfactory perspective there is the constant smell of seafood. This is a double edged sword for business, because the smell of seafood disgusts most people. To be honest it doesn’t really bother me however, if the seafood has been sitting too long I can tell by the smell and this grosses me out. The street has a certain feel to it. There are heat lamps which provide warmth so you can enjoy your food outside not matter what the weather. Tension is always in the air as the maître d’s are always trying to convince people to eat at their restaurant as opposed to their competitors. This leads into the auditory aspect, there is always someone trying to get your attention. Besides this, there are always a lot of tourists trying to push their way through this narrow street in order to get to Delirium or Jeannekin Pis. With this in mind I think the beauty of this street is controlled by the senses.


No comments:

Post a Comment