________________________

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Grand Place

This is one of the most popular tourist areas in Brussels and I can understand why. To me this is truly a beautiful area. I love the look and feel of the place. I understand that this is a popular tourist location, so naturally like any tourist to a new city I had to visit. The first time I visited this location I was awe-struck by the overwhelming beauty of the place. I felt like there was so much history surrounding me that I could not help but get swept away with the magic. I was worried though however, that once I had seen it once that I wouldn’t want to come back. That has not been the case I have been back several times and each time I feel like there are new things to discover.
There is no cognitive dissonance for me in terms of Grand Place-the experience. I feel satisfaction every time I visit it. Its beauty does not diminish but rather just changes. Every time there are new things to see. What I have noticed though is that the amount of enjoyment I pull from a place depends on my mood. If I feel stressed then I may not appreciate the experience as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment