________________________

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Place Flagey

I think this is a fabulous part of Ixelles and it is always teaming with life. As I happen to live really close to Place Flagey I might actually be a bit biased as I tend to spend a lot of time here. I love the combination of businesses with the ponds it adds just a touch of novelistic romance to a very practical setting.
It also is constantly changing, whether there are events happening or markets, Place Flagey is never stagnant. I like the feel of this place. It seems to have its own rhythm, its own heartbeat of sorts. There is always something going on and it manages to gather people of all ages and background. There is a beauty in something that can bring people together. It seems to be suited to a student’s life complete with bars, restaurants and even more practical aspects like banks, grocery stores and transit station for buses and trams.
On top of it all the surrounding picturesque scenery manages to top everything off. I feel that Place Flagey is a very beautiful area as it adheres to my conceptions of a stereotypical European square. I can how some may feel that it is ugly as it’s usually crowded and sometimes filled with garbage. This may diminish the effect Place Flagey has the average person. There also tend to be a lot of traffic and therefore a lot of noise which can also take away some the beauty. Generally, I like Place Flagey and find it extremely aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment