________________________

Sunday, January 9, 2011

ULB:

From the first day of my erasmus, everyday I faced with different experiences in Brussels. The big experince is ULB. First of all, this university is like all other universities with its coffe stops, fast-food shops and restaurant. The environment is typical university that you can see around the world.There are some students activities news on the notice board. In the early morning of course you cannot see anybody, but it is full of students at midday. There is a tradition in ULB that I am not good with. They call is TD Parties. The second week of my Brussels adventure, some of my friends took me to a party that called TD. It is a very important tradition in Brussels. In the party, I was not good with this tradition. People from TD wear a different clothes like only made of cloth. Everybody throws beer to the crowed and they relly have good time with that. At the time that I was out of the party, I was so angry and nervous. I realised that, for local people this takes a big part of their culture. In my idea, it was so ugly that I never have been in a TD party again. In the anniversary day of ULB I realised that there were many old people drinking beers with young TD students. And they have the same hats that the students wear all the time. In that moment, I realised that it is one of the most important tradition in Brussels. There are some pubs that only serves to university students. I mosty see TD students in these places with their own clothes and hats. I think this is one of the marketing strategies that is also used for Brussels. They have their own parties, in their own style. Also, it is not easy to be one of them. You have to face with many difficult eliminations to be one of them. But when you click on Google and search for pubs in Brussels, most of the official travel advisory web sites emphasize on TD students and the special student pubs. Even their entertainment style is so different than I prefer, they keep it strong and use it for their marketing ideas. They creat their own image and most of the people like that image. Obviously, it is crucial to gain the loyalty of customers' to be successful in the long-term marketing. In my opinion, this is one of the examples that I faced with.


No comments:

Post a Comment