________________________

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Place Flagey:


Place Flagey is one of the place in Brussels that shows the soul of the city. One day I was on my way, but don't know where Iwas going. The third day in Brussels and I was walking just to see the city sights. I came to a big square that has everything inside of it. There are some water ornaments in the middle of the square. The water comes from the ground directly and there are some children who tries to catch them, play with them. There was a bus-stop that looks like a bus station. One of my favourite place is the corner that there is a fries shop. They have delicious fries and I eat from there everytime I go to Flagey. The best part is the bazaar on Sunday. They open I big bazaar to the square that includes many stores. It reminds me a old style of village. When you look from the outside, it looks like everybody knows each other name by name. There is a butcher, a flower seller, a clothes seller, many kinds of little mobile little shops. At the corner of Flagey there is old building called Maison de la Radio, that has many kinds of art events as movies, musicals etc. This place is full of memories and old buildings. But there are some specificchanges that changes the old style of the place. For example, the shopping market Delhaize is the first supermarket in Belgium and Isaw one of its old photos and they changes the old style. If I never read about it, I would never now it. I think the basic reason is based on the idea of what is beautiful and what is ugly. In my opinion, keeping the old style is always beautiful. In his articleRelationships Among Experiential Marketing, Experiential Value, and Customer Satisfaction,Yi-Hua Yuan and Chihkang Wu claimed that, "Moreover, the overall outcome suggests that experiential marketing should induce customer satisfaction through emotional and functional values provided by feel perception, think perception, and service quality." (2008, pg. 389), the marketing of the city sights and the beauty of the city should include the idea of showing the value of the city and not to change it.


No comments:

Post a Comment